Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm going to try something...

I've always been a spontaneous person, much to the annoyance of my faithful husband. So I'm just going to write - whatever comes to my head.

~~~~~~~~

So this is Fiesta Week. In the past, I felt kind of depressed or sad when we didn't celebrate in some way or another. I would like to attend some kind of Fiesta event, we'll see.

The Spurs killed the Dallas Mavericks last night, may the good guys prevail. I like to watch Mark Cuban lose his temper, I just plain enjoy watching him look bad. Also, looks like he's getting a bald spot on the top of his head. Normally, I'm not a mean person, but it's all part of the sport. Maybe that's why sports exist, so we can vent our anger and then pretend that we are not mean. We can say things like "let's kill them" or "anihilate the Mavs", then go back to our good and peaceful lives.

Tony Parker was the greatest! And he is so humble, always taking the spotlight off of himself and putting it on the team. Tim Duncan looked pretty good too, he had some pretty good moves. I don't know much about sports, or how to use sports vernacular, but I just know what I see. Let's send our good energy to the Spurs, may they win the whole thing!

~~~~~~~~~~

On another subject - our daughter, Mia likes to watch " the Real Housewives of New Jersey". Before that, it was "The Real Housewives of Orange County", I think. But there's nothing "real" about them. Their hair, their outfits, their houses, their faces all seem fake. Not to mention their boobs (I hate that word!) But would we want to watch women who looked like hell, and had terrible hair, and stuff? Probably not.

~~~~~

I am on Facebook, and I will admit that it is fun to read comments and things that others on Facebook say on their home page. Lauren is the one that suggested I get on Facebook, then proceeded to do it for me. So I was on Facebook, and a little screen pops up, and it's our 23 yr. old nephew, Beau, from New Jersey. He writes "Aunt Ellie (that's what they call me up there) are you on?" Then he proceeds to chat for an hour about different things. When I've seen him in the past, we've probably talked in 5 minute blurbs. It was great to talk to him. I'm always flattered when a member of the younger generation has a conversation with me, because I guess it shows I'm not out of touch. When I was younger, I made a vow to myself that I would never forget what it's like to be young. It was great talking to Beau!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Lauren was in Bordeaux last weekend visiting her friend, Katie, whom they call KT or kt. Theirs is a foursome that have known each other since 2nd grade. They related to the movie and book "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants". Now they are all scattered, Clair at A&M, KT in Bordeaux, Emily (the real world traveler) is at Emory, after spending a semester abroad in London, and of course, Lauren is in Granada. Three of them will be seniors in college next year, KT is right behind them. It's hard to believe that they were all little girls not so long ago. They are all on Facebook too.

~~~~~~~~~

Well, I guess that's my blog; hope all these personal stories didn't bore you, but that's my everyday life.

Hopefully, one of these days, maybe when Lauren teaches me, I can put pictures in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment